EDGE 2 EDGE Pro Shop
NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
Sick of having nowhere to go for the best skate cut in town? Look no further than Protec Ponds!
Selling the best in game day essentials
Hockey and figure skate repairs
Custom radius / profiling taylored to how you skate
High end figure skate sharpening
Orders processed within 24 hours!
Monday – Friday: 7am – 10pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7am – 10pm
Edge to Edge Pro Shop Pricing List
All shop work has a standard labor rate $25 per project
- Player skate sharping Sr. $8 ( sizes 6 -12 ) ** 2019-2020 SIGNED AND REGISTERED DUCKS/PREDATORS GET 1/2 OFF ($4) AND MUST PRESENT DUCKS/PREDATORS CARD!**
- Goalie sharping $ 8
- Player Skate Jr. $ 6 ( sizes 5.5 and under )
- Competitive sharping ( Figure Skates ) $15 and up depending on type of Blade / Standards figure skate beginners $ 8$
- Replace Steel Rivets – $2.00 per rivet
- Replace skate eyelets – $2.00 per eyelet
- Replace copper rivets – $3.00 per rivet
- Graff Bolt replacement – $5 per bolt
- Custom Radius – sizes 6 – 8 $50 2 hours of labor include sharpening, sizes 8 – 12 $60 2 hours of labor including sharping. ( Project )
- Skate / Boot Punching – $5 per spot 24 hour waiting period
- Skate stretching – $ 20 per pair 24 hour waiting period
- Mounting or changing of new skate holders ( Bauer, CMM, Reebok or Graff ) – $ 85 ( Project )
- Skate Oven baking – $25
- Helmet Repairs – $1.50 per attachment
- Roller hockey conversions – $ 250 2-4 days ( Project )
- Complete TUUK / HOLDER conversions 2 – 4 days ( new holder and steel/ swap ) $225 ( Project )
- Sharping Cards ( Jrs hockey cards 10 Sharping’s $50 10 per card 11 sharping free / SR’s hockey sharping cards $ 60 10 per card 11 sharping card free ) Sharping cards can’t be combined with any other sharping price or type.
Also for sale – your game day “essentials”: Skate laces, mouth guards, wax, water bottles
Now till September 1,2019:
all Bauer and CCM replacement steel 10% off.
Steel and tape promo – by 2 or more rolls of tape and get 10% off replacement steel ( May – July 2019 )
15% percent off all shop work untill September. Including boot stretching, heat molding, and holder and rivit replacement work.
Tape special 1 for 3 , 2 for 5, 3 for 8 dollars.
15% off all custom orders ( sticks, hockey skates and equipment.
10% off Sr $60 and $55 jr value sharpening cards 10 cuts 11 one is free. Till September 1,2019
15 % off percent competitive sharpening cards 10 cuts 11 free $ 125 value.
Any purchases of replacement steel will receive 1 free skate sharpening thru September 2019.
All of your game-day necessities on sale including new skate steel and repairs to skates/sharpening! Check out what we have to offer:
FAQ for Skate Sharpening
How often should I get my skates sharpened?
This depends on how often you are skating as well as the condition of your blades. Hockey players that are often on the ice will insist on sharpening their skates before every game. Others only require sharpening monthly. Most blades should be sharpened if there are signs of rust or nicks in the blade as it will compromise the edge on your blade. Be sure to wipe down your blades before storing them as moisture left behind will result in rust buildup.
What is the radius of hollow?
Skate sharpening is based on creating a radius of hollow (RoH) in a skate blade, which enables the skater to skate on two sharp, square edges. There isn’t one magic RoH for every skater. Each hollow has its advantages and disadvantages, and each skater makes an evaluation as to which is best for them. The profile of a skate blade hollow is not limited to a radius – there are an infinite number of shapes that can be transmitted onto a skate blade.
How do I know which Radius of Hollow is best suited for me?
The ideal RoH is best determined by the skater’s comfort level on the ice. Because you can transfer essentially any number of profiles onto your blade, you really need to determine for yourself what edge you prefer to skate on. Here are some common recommendations to get you started: